Friday, March 7, 2014

Psalm 130 #SRT

The bible study over at She Reads Truth is inviting readers to share their study of Psalm 130. I had big plans of spending a lot of time writing a very introspective and elaborate post about these verses. Then, I felt I'll equipped to share anything at all...isn't that the way? Over confident or no confidence. 

I'm just sharing what has leaped off the page at me every time I've read this psalm...verses 5 & 6: I wait for The Lord, my soul does wait, and in His word do I hope. My soul waits for The Lord. More than the watchman for the morning; Indeed, more than the watchman for the morning.

Those emphasis are in my NAS edition bible. I find it eye-opening that in two short verses, the message of waiting is stated 4 times WITH EMPHASIS...indeed wait. 

I pray that I will hope and indeed wait for The Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing from your heart. I enjoyed your post so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful for your post. I truly believe that Psalms 130 was created to instruct us on how we are to wait. I pray that God will increase our hope in Him and let us know that we do not wait or labor in vain.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are appreciated!